Travel to Uppsala
Uppsala is located 40 minutes north of Stockholm. The City of Uppsala can easily be reached from following three airports: the Stockholm Arlanda Airport, Bromma Stockholm Airport and Stockholm Skavsta Airport.
Stockholm Arlanda Airport (recommended)
The Stockholm-Arlanda International Airport is located between Uppsala and Stockholm, (36 km south of Uppsala) is by far the most convenient airport when travelling to Uppsala.
Stockholm Arlanda Airport website
Buses to and from Arlanda Airport
Bus line 801 runs between Arlanda Airport and Uppsala Central Station throughout the day. The journey takes about 45 minutes.
You can by the ticket with a debit or credit card on the bus (cash is not accepted). There are also vending machines at Arlanda airport terminals 2, 4 and 5 where you can buy a one-way ticket for the bus, debit or credit cards only. There is a small reduction of the price if you buy it from the vending machine in advance of the journey, compared to buying the ticket on the bus.
UL.se – Timetables and fares
Trains to and from Arlanda Airport
Trains leave Arlanda Airport for Uppsala Central Station directly from SkyCity next to Terminal 5. The journey time is about 20 minutes. Tickets may be purchased at the ticket desk in SkyCity. Please note that an extra transit fee must be paid at the ticket barrier to leave or enter SkyCity.
SJ.se – Timetables and fares
By Taxi from Arlanda Airport
Taxis leave from outside of the arrival hall. The journey time is about 30 minutes. The cost is approx. SEK 595. Make sure to ask the driver for a fixed price in advance. You can pay by debit or credit card (cash is not accepted). You can make advance reservation with following companies:
Uppsala Taxi: +46 18 100 000
Taxi Kurir, Uppsala: +46 18 12 34 56
Bromma Stockholm Airport
Bromma Stockholm Airport is located 9 km west of Stockholm Central Station and 70 km south of Uppsala. The Flygbussarna Airport coaches operates to and from the airport and Stockholm City Bus Terminal, next to the Stockholm Central Station. The journey takes about 20 minutes, depending on traffic.
Frequency: the timetable runs to connect with flight arrivals and departures.
- Cost: single ticket: SEK 79 (approximately. EUR 8) or a return ticket: SEK 150
(approximately EUR 15).
- Ticket, you can buy your ticket from the ticket-vending machines or on-line on the flygbussarna.se website. E-ticket purchased on-line is valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
Flygbussarna.se – Timetables and fares Bromma
Stockholm – Skavsta Airport
Stockholm – Skavsta Airport is located 110 km south of Stockholm Central Station 177 km south of Uppsala in the City of Nyköping. The Flygbussarna Airport coaches operates to and from the airport and the Stockholm City Bus Terminal, next to the Stockholm Central Station. The journey takes about 80 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Frequency: about 30 minutes after every flight arrival. The bus waits for delayed flights.
Timetable online: www.flygbussarna.se
- Cost: SEK 149 (approximately EUR 16) single ticket, SEK 259 (approximately EUR 28)
- Ticket, you can buy your ticket from the ticket-vending machines or on-line on the flygbussarna.se website. E-ticket purchased on-line is valid for 3 months from the purchase date.
Flygbussarna.se – Timetables and fares Skavsta
Stockholm Central Station to Uppsala Central Station
- Frequency: three trains per hour from 6 am to 11 pm.
- Journey time: 40 minutes.
- Cost: about SEK 90-185 (approximately EUR 10-19).
- Tickets can be bought from a ticket desk in the main hall of the station or from a ticket-vending machine on the platform.
PO Box 7059
SE-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Telephone: +46 18 67 20 59
Late abstract submission closes on
March 31, 2023
18-22 June 2023